Terratec Cinergy 2400i Freeview Card



I have a Freeview card in my PC manufactured by a German company called Terratec. It has dual Freeview tuners and has worked well since purchased. The model is Cinergy 2400i and it requires a pci-express slot for installation. With the recent UK digital switchover I found I could no longer receive any digital channels.

I tried scanning for channels but none were found and I received a message stating "bad or no signal". After this first attempt I decided to visit the Terratec website, hoping to find an update in the support section. The website held no information on how to get the card working, in fact there was no refence to the digital switchover at all. Quite surprising for a company selling Freeview products.

I checked driver versions and Terratec home cinema software versions to make sure I had the latest. I did. As a last ditch effort before deciding to remove the card and throw it away I decided to completely uninstall all the drivers in device manager and uninstall the Terratec Home cinema software. I then downloaded all drivers and software again. Note, these were the same versions as previously installed.

After installation, I ran the channel scan function and strangely all the channels were found! So, if you are just about to throw your Freeview card in the trash, just give it one last try because it may just work for you.

Picture source: http://www.dvbmagic.de/

Comments