Losing Weight Has Been So Easy.....With The 4 Hour Body By Tim Ferriss

Christmas 2010, I was fat and in my heart I knew it. I kept trying to sneak past the mirror in the hall but it was no good. I had to lose weight but knew it would mean hard work and giving up things I love like food and beer. The thought horrified me.

I have Tim Ferriss to thank for my weight loss due to his book The 4 Hour Body. I found the book by chance and was immediately drawn in by the promise of losing 20 pounds in 30 days without exercise. The book is what Tim calls "a guide to hacking the human body". And he's completely justified in calling it so.
The book is split into several chapters, each one covering a different body related subject. Gaining muscle, losing weight, running faster, getting stronger, you get the idea. Some of you may even enjoy the chapter on how to give a woman a 15 minute orgasm. I showed it to my wife who looked terrified at the prospect of repeated failed attempts.

I got the digital version of the book as I have an aversion to real books as I always misplace them. At least I know where the digital ones are. The weight loss section revolves around eating a slow carb diet which doesn't sound too bad at first. The realisation of what you have to give up then hits home. Basically nothing white (except cauliflower, whoopee!) can pass your lips. You can eat lots of cruciferous vegetables, good protein sources such as chicken, lean beef, fish and eggs. Lots of eggs.

I'm not going to go into too much detail about what you can and cannot eat but will tell you that there is one redeeming factor and that is cheat day. One day a week you get to eat all the stuff you've been craving for all week. Cakes, chocolate, chips, the whole bag. This does indeed ease the cravings for junk food just in time to prevent you from cracking completely.

I have now been following the diet principles laid out in The 4 Hour Body for 13 weeks and have lost over 34 pounds! Yes, 34 whole fatty pounds (I actually achieved this after only 10 weeks). I have also lost 4 inches from my waist going from 38" jeans down to 34"
As you can imagine, I am smiling as I type this. I must include that I have been exercising regularly as well which obviously must be a contributing factor but the fact that I am now eating proper food is responsible for much of my weight loss. My body composition has completely changed over the 13 weeks and I now have more muscle and feel so much better.
Unexpected Health Benefits
I have suffered from terrible intestinal problems for about 3 years now and have struggled to lead a normal life. Suffering IBS like symptoms everyday is not fun. Constantly wondering where there is a toilet wears you down after a while. I have been for so many tests at the hospital, involving horrible experiences with cameras being shoved into my intestines from all directions. They could find nothing wrong.

After changing my diet, I seem to have "cured" myself. I no longer have the runs everyday and do not constantly worry about where the next public loo can be found. It's amazing! The fact that eliminating the processed unhealthy food from my diet has solved my problems is just the best bonus. I intend to follow the diet and make it a lifestyle from now on. It really is easy once you get moving. Give it a try!


Where To Buy The 4 Hour Body
The book is available from Amazon in the UK and the USA. The links below will take you to the correct site for your country.


Amazon UK
UK Site:The 4-Hour Body: An uncommon guide to rapid fat-loss, incredible sex and becoming superhuman
Amazon USA
USA Site:The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman
Resources

The Official 4 Hour Body Site 

4 Hour Body Recipes
4 Hour Body Forum 
 

Turbulence Training



Comments