Dara O'Briain At Buxton Opera House

Went to see Dara O'Brian last week at Buxton. I wasn't sure what to expect really as many stand up comics are completely different live than on TV. I was not disappointed.
 The show was brilliant! I haven't laughed so much in years. The show was funny, articulate and much better than the tv stuff due to no language restrictions. Somehow comedy is funnier when accompanied by swearing and Dara did not let me down.

The show started on time and was great value for money. On approaching the Opera house I was met by a small group of people accompanied by greyhounds. Yes, it was a little odd! They turned out to be protesting about Dara's dog Snip Nua who featured in the BBC programme three men in a boat. I watched the show and enjoyed it but was unaware of one fact. Snip was dead by the time the show aired. The protestors were unhappy at the treatment of the dog and the fact that it had not been announced by Dara or the BBC.

I must admit, I was a little perturbed by this story as I am an animal lover and hate animal cruelty in any form. Dara mentioned the protestors during the show and stated that he was not in the country when the events took place.

I have been doing a little research into this story and have not reached any conclusion yet but did find another blog which goes into more detail. Have a read and see what you think.

Dara O' Briain Greyhound Death

Comments