Trevor Eve Not On A Shoestring Budget


Just read a story on Yahoo about Trevor Eve getting a reported £1million an episode for waking the dead. I am a little surprised by the amount I must admit but the question is, is he worth the money?
Some of you older ones out there will remember mr Eve when he played fresh faced private detective Eddie Shoestring in the Shoestring series of the late 70's. Many women went weak at the knees while viewing, including my mother (I seem to remember her being very keen on watching). He left the show after only two series to try his hand at theatre. Even appeared in the film Troy with Brad Pitt apparently.
I enjoy a good TV show but paying someone a million pounds an episode is just ridiculous! No wonder the licence fee is so high. Also, to pay him more than David Tennant received for Doctor Who just doesn't add up, does it?

Comments