The Year Is Off To A Flying Start

Just moments ago it was January 1st, or so it seems. I can't believe that this year is going by me so fast. Last year was a bad year for me, family and friends and we all hoped this year was going to be far better. I mean, how could it be any worse?

The feelings of optimism have dimmed like a burnt out candle and reality has hit home once again. I have lost yet another friend to the bastard disease of cancer. Taken within 3 weeks of finding out the illness had creeped within his very being it seems so unfair. My friend was just 56 years old and should have had many more years ahead. How strange that in the last two years, I have lost 3 friends to canceer and they have all died aged just 56 years.

Is it possible there is some connection between their deaths? Was something in particular fed to babies and young children in the period of their childhood that could have caused this tragedy in numbers. I am a few years younger but my father also lost to cancer at 50, just over 10 years ago.

Maybe I am just being silly but it does seem to be many people in the early 50's are dying off in droves. Is anyone thinking the same thing?

Comments