Holland & Barrett - And What Exactly Do You Want Us To Do?

I tried to purchase some vitamins and supplements yesterday from Holland and Barret health food store in Macclesfield. Their new special offers had launched on the website and I made myself a list with the intention of collecting the items from the store myself later.
Having made a special journey to get my "healthy stash" from town I was to be disappointed by a unhelpful store assistant who stated that the offers did not start until tomomorrow in the store. She refused to honour the prices even though I had printed it all out.

Feeling a bit peeved, I emailed the customer services desk at Holland and Barrett with a complaint (nice to have a bit of a rant now and again). I received a reply this morning (very prompt) which was apologetic and agreed with me that the assistant should have reduced the prices for me. An offer was made of a letter and gift vouchers if I rang them with my address details. I called the number given and got through to customer services but ended up speaking to a young lady who sounded like she was still in bed. I explained the email and the reply I had received. Her reply was something along along the lines of what exactly do you want us to do. You'd think she would know what to do. Has anyone explained the concept of customer services to her I wonder?

Comments